I’m offering two full day workshops from the Building Conflict Competence series this spring with one big change: both workshops will be offered on a pay-what-you-can basis. Previous workshops have been (affordably) priced at $60 each or two for $100, but now you can decide what payment works for you. Past attendees will tell you that the lessons in each workshop are invaluable in all parts of their lives. I hope you will consider joining me.
LISTENING: A SKILL-BUILDING WORKSHOP, Saturday, April 28, 9:30-4
Both workshops employ a combination of lecture, exercises, experiential activities, and take-away practices and are part of the Building Conflict Competence Series. The schedule includes a lunch break. Participants provide their own lunch. There are many dining options in easy walking distance. REGISTER
Location: 24 Veterans Square, Media, PA 19063 (look for the orange and black HeadRoom awning). The space is located on the second floor and access is by steps only.
REAL TALK WITHOUT BURNING BRIDGES
- A lot about listening
- A lot about effective questions usually coming from a place of curiosity
- An overview of what research has shown to change people’s minds and what does not change people’s minds
- An overview of cognitive bias
- What we can do to encourage people to listen to us
- Strategies to manage our internal challenges in dialogue (be it internal dialogues, biases, a choking lump in your throat, fear, a heart that beats so fast you don’t know how you can do it, developing courage, etc.)
- Regular practices that help built skills and capabilities
- And more (NOTE: This workshop was previously titled Secrets to Civil and Productive Dialogue.)
I’m always writing about the importance of listening (like here and here) and like to share inspiring quotes about it. Now is your chance to build your listening skills in a fun and engaging one day workshop. We’ll build your listening skills for improved performance at work and to strengthen your personal relationships.